Chief Editor: Ansar Mahmood Bhatti

blast

 
 

Hrithik Roshan escaped the Istanbul airport blast by few hours

Hrithik Roshan

NEW DELHI: In a tweet to his fans the 42-year-old actor, “missed connecting flight at Istanbul and were stuck at airport. Next flight was next day, but took economy and flew out earlier.” The actor was on a vacation to Spain and Africa with his two sons and was returning to India via Turkey, Indian media reported. He had earlier tweeted that he was visiting Africa.


Istanbul Ataturk airport attack: Deaths rise to 41

Istanbul Ataturk airport attack

ISTANBUL: A gun and bomb attack on Istanbul’s Ataturk international airport has killed at least 41 people including 13 foreign nationals and injured more than 140, officials say. Three attackers opened fire near an entry point to the terminal late on Tuesday and blew themselves up after police fired at them, officials say. Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said early signs suggested the so-called Islamic State was behind the attack. Recent bombings have been linked to either IS or Kurdish separatists. Tuesday’s attack looked like a major co-ordinated assault. Ataturk airport wasRead More


Blast near FC vehicle in Quetta kills 1 injures 4

4 Hazara women killed as gunmen open fire on Quetta bus

QUETTA: At least one person was killed and four others wounded in a blast near a Frontier Corps (FC) vehicle on Quetta’s Qambrani road on Friday. A police official told media that unknown militants targeted a convoy of FC vehicles through a remote-controlled bomb. The bomb, which was planted on the roadside, was remotely detonated as soon as the FC convoy neared it. At least five people were wounded in the blast who were shifted to Civil Hospital Quetta for treatment. One of the victims succumbed to his wounds duringRead More


Blast outside Afghan ministry kills 5, wounds several

kabul

KABUL: A bomb exploded in the parking lot of Afghanistan’s Ministry of Justice on Tuesday, killing at least five people and wounding dozens as civil servants were leaving work for the day, officials said. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack and vowed to kill more “slave” judges. Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid made the statement in an email to journalists a few hours after the car bomb exploded. Ministry of Interior spokesman Sediq Sediqqi confirmed the deaths of five by telephone, while Mohammad Ismail Kawusi, a spokesman for the MinistryRead More