Qatar Airways Qsuites coming to Boston
DOHA, (DNA) – Qatar Airways’ Qsuites is the world’s best business class product, It initially debuted between Doha and London Heathrow in June 2017.
The airline has been working on retrofitting existing planes with Qsuites, and also has taken delivery of new planes featuring the product.
So far Qsuites are available on select Boeing 777-300ERs, select Boeing 777-200LRs, select Airbus A350-900s, and all Airbus A350-1000s.
US destinations with Qatar Airways Qsuites
Qatar Airways’ US destinations include Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Miami, Los Angeles, New York, Philadelphia, and Washington.
Of those routes, Qatar Airways already offers Qsuites to Chicago, Houston, New York, and Washington, and they’ve announced that they’ll offer Qsuites to Los Angeles as of February 2019.
Qatar Airways’ next US route with Qsuites
Based on the airline having updated seatmaps, it looks like Qatar Airways will offer Qsuites to Boston as of March 31, 2019. The airline currently operates the route with an A350-900 that doesn’t feature Qsuites.
Then as of March 31, 2019, the airline will use a Boeing 777-300ER for the route, which is scheduled to feature Qsuites.
This flight operates with the following schedule:
QR743 Doha to Boston departing 8:05AM arriving 2:10PM
QR744 Boston to Doha departing 11:05PM arriving 6:05PM (+1 day)
At 6,518 miles, this is Qatar Airways’ shortest route to the US, though it’s still quite long, as it’s blocked at 12hr55min westbound and 12hr eastbound.
Redeeming miles for Qsuites
Boston has long been one of Qatar Airways’ best US gateways for snagging award seats. As more and more routes feature Qsuites, Qatar Airways has also gotten better about making award seats available, which is awesome.
Award availability on this flight is wide open. The best way to search is on aa.com, and just select the “non-stop only” option.
You can redeem just 70,000 AAdvantage miles one-way, which is an incredible deal. There are no carrier imposed surcharges on these redemptions, and you can continue onwards to anywhere in the Middle East or India at the same mileage cost.
Earning American miles
If you want to earn American miles, there are a couple of ways to do it. First of all, at the moment American is selling miles for as little as 1.77 cents per mile, which could represent a good value.
There are also several excellent credit card bonuses available on their co-branded credit cards:
- The CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Mastercard® is offering a welcome bonus of 70,000 AAdvantage miles after making $4,000 of purchases within the first four months; $99 annual fee, waived for the first 12 months
- The Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ Mastercard® is offering a welcome bonus of 50,000 AAdvantage miles after making $5,000 of purchases within the first three months; the card has a $450 annual fee
- The Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® is offering a welcome bonus of 40,000 AAdvantage miles after making $2,000 of purchases within the first three months, plus another 10,000 AAdvantage miles after making $6,000 of purchases within the first 12 months; $99 annual fee, waived for the first 12 months
- The AAdvantage Aviator Business Mastercard is offering a welcome bonus of 50,000 AAdvantage miles after making a purchase and paying the $95 annual fee
- The AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard is offering a welcome bonus of 50,000 AAdvantage miles after making a purchase and paying the $95 annual fee
My favorite is the 70K bonus on the CitiBusiness Platinum Select — once you complete minimum spend on the card you’ll have enough miles for a one-way Qsuites ticket between the US and the Middle East/India.
It’s great to see Qatar Airways continue to expand their Qsuites destinations. It used to be nearly impossible to get a Qsuites award ticket from the US, but that’s no longer the case, so redeeming miles for this is more attainable than ever before.
Now there are only a few US routes remaining to get Qsuites.
Anyone plan to fly Qatar Airways business class to/from Boston this coming spring?
Currency rates in Pakistan – 15 February 2019
KARACHI (DNA) – Currency rates in open market in Pakistan according to international currencies asRead More
Malaysian envoy calls for improving two-way trade
RAWALPINDI, FEB 13 (DNA) – There is a need to intensify efforts for improving two-wayRead More