Key Points of Pakistan-China Joint Press Release
• Pakistan side informed China about the situation in Jammu and Kashmir, including its concerns, position, and current urgent issues. China reiterated that the Kashmir issue is a dispute left from history, and should be properly and peacefully resolved based on the UN Charter, relevant UN Security Council resolutions and bilateral agreements.
• Pakistan reaffirmed its commitment to the One China Policy and One Country Two Systems. Pakistan reiterated that affairs of Hong Kong were China’s internal matter.
• CPEC was a transformational project. A CPEC Authority was established to oversee the expeditious implementation of CPEC projects.
• Gwadar Port has been granted various facilities enabling it to become a trade and logistical hub for the region.
• 9th session of the JCC will be held in November in Islamabad and would further fast-track implementation of the ongoing projects and explore new avenues of cooperation, including ML-1.
• Both sides agreed to jointly study identified projects by the Pakistan side in power, petroleum, gas, agriculture, industrial and infrastructure sectors.
• Both sides agreed that early implementation of the Second Phase of the China-Pakistan Free Trade Agreement would contribute to increase in bilateral trade.
• Both sides reaffirmed that there was no military solution in Afghanistan. The two sides agreed that peace and stability in Afghanistan was vital for regional security.
PML-N decides to join Fazlurehman’s Azadi March
ISLAMABAD (DNA) – Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) president and opposition leader in National AssemblyRead More
In Pictures: Royal British couple arrives in Pakistan
ISLAMABAD, OCT 14 (DNA) –Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton hasRead More