Key Points of Pakistan-China Joint Press Release
• Pakistan side informed China about the situation in Jammu and Kashmir, including its concerns, position, and current urgent issues. China reiterated that the Kashmir issue is a dispute left from history, and should be properly and peacefully resolved based on the UN Charter, relevant UN Security Council resolutions and bilateral agreements.
• Pakistan reaffirmed its commitment to the One China Policy and One Country Two Systems. Pakistan reiterated that affairs of Hong Kong were China’s internal matter.
• CPEC was a transformational project. A CPEC Authority was established to oversee the expeditious implementation of CPEC projects.
• Gwadar Port has been granted various facilities enabling it to become a trade and logistical hub for the region.
• 9th session of the JCC will be held in November in Islamabad and would further fast-track implementation of the ongoing projects and explore new avenues of cooperation, including ML-1.
• Both sides agreed to jointly study identified projects by the Pakistan side in power, petroleum, gas, agriculture, industrial and infrastructure sectors.
• Both sides agreed that early implementation of the Second Phase of the China-Pakistan Free Trade Agreement would contribute to increase in bilateral trade.
• Both sides reaffirmed that there was no military solution in Afghanistan. The two sides agreed that peace and stability in Afghanistan was vital for regional security.
‘Kyrgyzstan can play important role in linking euroasian economic zone with CPEC’
ISLAMABAD, NOV 22 (DNA) – Speaker National has said that Kyrgyzstan could play an importantRead More
Azerbaijan ambassador awards medal to outgoing SJCSC
ISLAMABAD, NOV 22 (DNA) – Ambassador of Azerbaijan, Ali Alizada along with staff members ofRead More